There are times when words can’t express how you feel and other times when you just can’t find the words.
When in doubt (or in a hurry) I have been known to go with the more obvious – thinking of you / get well soon / I love you / happy birthday and let the gift say the rest.
But in the interest of keeping things interesting I have put together a shortlist of card messages for a range of occasions so I will always have a message handy.
Next time you would like the perfect gift card message, but can’t find the words to portray the right level of heartfelt emotion, try one of these!
• Hope this lovely gift makes your day extraordinary.
• These flowers are not from my garden but they are from my heart.
• Sending you a little sunshine to brighten your day.
• Actions speak louder than words. I hope this gift shows you just how much I care.
• Wishing you the same happiness you bring to others.
• Flowers leave some of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them. - Chinese Proverb
• It takes both sunshine and rain to make a rainbow. Here’s a little sunshine from me.
• Thank you for always helping me to remember what is important in life...and today it is you!
• You are everything I could ever want, now and forever.
• I hope you enjoy this gift, sent to you for the best reason of all – no reason!
If you have a friend who needs a laugh try these funny gift card messages:
• (Get Well) Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"? - Kevin Makay, Zen Contemplations
• (Birthday) Don't worry about the past - it made you who you are today, don’t worry about the future – it is sure to be bright, don’t worry about the present – I got you one! Happy Birthday.
• (Sorry) Instead of a card you should have a trophy for putting up with me. The shop was out of trophies so I thought you might like this gift basket.
• (Graduation) Congratulations - Educated people are so hot right now…because they have more degrees.
• (Retirement) Every day is a weekend when you’re retired. Let the long weekend begin!
• (Birthday) As a member of your birthday party I vote that you should relax and enjoy this gift basket.